StartUp Health is hiring an awesome marketing copywriter who wants to use words to help us inspire the world. The ideal candidate is a versatile writer, but especially headlines and short impactful marketing copy that sings. You can write a billboard, a tweet, or web page content that stops readers in their tracks. This role reports to the co-founder/president and is based in New York City. The ideal candidate is a creative, bold thinker.
- Write, edit and proofread marketing copy for digital, print, video and promotional projects
- Produce an array of copy for both daily and more long-term and ongoing projects Manage content calendar to ensure deadlines are hit and quality of content produced meets the standards we set
- Maintain a strong voice and vision that’s tapped into what’s new in health and developments of our StartUp Health portfolio companies
- Keep all writing style guides, statistics and reference documents up to date, for use by larger team
- Work with designers to develop assets for marketing content
Qualifications & Experience
- You're awesome at storytelling, impactful headlines, and K.I.S.S that motivates and inspires action
- Intellectually curious idea generator with a minimum of 2 years experience (ideally with digital/tech brand)
- Proven track record for building engaged audiences through creative marketing content campaigns
- Experience using data and engagement analytics tools
- Demonstrated understanding of modern marketing (digital, experiential & social)
- Entrepreneurial-minded and comfortable in a fast-paced, startup environment with a “make stuff happen” mentality
- Passionate about (or experience with) health innovation, tech and entrepreneurial topics
How To Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter with responses to the questions below :
- What excites you about working at StartUp Health and this opportunity?
- What is your unique ability that other people notice and value and is something you love doing?
- What piece of marketing copy (that you created) are you most proud of?
- What is your favorite content site and social media platform?
- Where is the last place you traveled to?
- Anything else?
About StartUp Health
In 2011, StartUp Health introduced a new model for transforming health by organizing and supporting a global army of entrepreneurs called Health Transformers. StartUp Health is investing in 10 Health Moonshots with the long-term goal of improving the health and wellbeing of everyone in the world. With the world’s largest digital health portfolio (more than 180 companies spanning 5 continents, 17 countries and 60+ cities), StartUp Health’s long-term platform for entrepreneurs includes the StartUp Health Academy, StartUp Health Network, StartUp Health Media and StartUp Health Ventures. StartUp Health was founded by Steven Krein and Unity Stoakes and is chaired by former Time Warner CEO, Jerry Levin. StartUp Health’s notable strategic partners and investors include AARP, Aurora Health Care, California Health Care Foundation, Children’s Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado, UCHealth, Steve Case, Mark Cuban, Esther Dyson, Brad Feld, Genentech, GE Ventures, Janssen (a Johnson & Johnson company), Kaiser Permanente Ventures, and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Learn more at startuphealth.com.
StartUp Health Team Member Mindset
- Long-Term Commitment - you are “all in” and will do whatever it takes
- Supportive Relationships - you are continually surrounded by like-minded people
- Quarterly and Weekly Rhythm - you think in quarterly periods and act with intention each week
- Confidently Ambitious - you always convey confidence and an ambitious vision
- Self-Aware - you are coachable and self-aware of your unique abilities
- Healthy Habits - you take care of yourself, and have a clear mind and body and practice gratitude
- Equity Value Creation - you are continually making your future bigger than your past
- Batteries Included - you are always providing energy to others and have no tolerance for those who drain energy