Are you ready to leave billable hours and stacks of paperwork behind? Do you want to interface regularly with entrepreneurs and be at the forefront of health and wellness innovation around the globe? StartUp Health is hiring an associate attorney with at least two years experience to work with the Chief Compliance Officer, on legal/compliance issues involving our Company and 180+ portfolio companies.
- Support Chief Compliance Officer on all legal matters including partnership/sponsorship contracts, agreements, due diligence, document organization and M&A activity
- Review agreements and documents related to prospective companies and portfolio company investment participation rights
- Provide guidance regarding the legal implications of all matters pertaining to the operations of a business, including risk management, employment matters, corporate governance issues, regulatory matters, and intellectual property
- Organize incoming legal requests from team, partners and portfolio and ensure project deadlines are met according to priority
- Manage legal document organization and maintenance required by the Company for all portfolio companies
- Research startup financing and legal trends and changes in healthcare law to best advise portfolio companies
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of 2 years full-time corporate and transactional law experience, at a law firm or in-house
- Health law and/or Intellectual Property experience preferred
- JD from an ABA accredited law school and Bar membership in good standing
- Strong judgment and ability to maintain confidentiality, with an understanding of the intersection of legal and business issues
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize work and manage a high volume workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels in an organization and with outside counsel
- Able to think strategically in anticipation of the future needs of the company
How To Apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter, including responses to the questions below:
- What interests you most about this position?
- What is your unique ability that other people notice and value, is energizing to you and something you love doing?
- Describe the last time you made an impact.
- What are your top 3 most used smartphone apps?
- Where is the last place you traveled?
About StartUp Health
In 2011, StartUp Health introduced a new model for transforming health by organizing and supporting a global army of entrepreneurs called Health Transformers. StartUp Health is investing in 10 Health Moonshots with the long-term goal of improving the health and wellbeing of everyone in the world. With the world’s largest digital health portfolio (more than 180 companies spanning 5 continents, 17 countries and 60+ cities), StartUp Health’s long-term platform for entrepreneurs includes the StartUp Health Academy, StartUp Health Network, StartUp Health Media and StartUp Health Ventures. StartUp Health was founded by Steven Krein and Unity Stoakes and is chaired by former Time Warner CEO, Jerry Levin. StartUp Health’s notable strategic partners and investors include AARP, Aurora Health Care, California Health Care Foundation, Children’s Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado, UCHealth, Steve Case, Mark Cuban, Esther Dyson, Brad Feld, Genentech, GE Ventures, Janssen (a Johnson & Johnson company), Kaiser Permanente Ventures, and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Learn more at startuphealth.com.
Benefits include: employee stock options, flexible time-off policy, healthcare reimbursement plan, technology reimbursement, tax-free commuter savings, perks/discounts platform, healthy snacks, Zeel massages and more!
StartUp Health Team Member Mindset
- Long-Term Commitment - you are “all in” and will do whatever it takes
- Supportive Relationships - you are continually surrounded by like-minded people
- Quarterly and Weekly Rhythm - you think in quarterly periods and act with intention each week
- Confidently Ambitious - you always convey confidence and an ambitious vision
- Self-Aware - you are coachable and self-aware of your unique abilities
- Healthy Habits - you take care of yourself, and have a clear mind and body and practice gratitude
- Equity Value Creation - you are continually making your future bigger than your past
- Batteries Included - you are always providing energy to others and have no tolerance for those who drain energy