StartUp Health is hiring a Product Designer to help lead the digital design experiences for our internal platform used by our portfolio company CEOs and industry investors and customers for coaching, network connections and feedback.
As a leader within our product team, you’ll be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from inception to build and beyond. You’ll partner with our product and business team to align our design experiences to our product vision and direction. You’ll take on a range of design challenges and be expected to advocate for the clearest, cleanest, and most cohesive design experiences.
- Craft beautiful, engaging experiences that our community will love
- Communicate effectively using user research, workshops, narratives, sketches, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
- Define interaction models, user flows, and UI specifications
- Contribute to product team growth, vision, and strategy
- Help develop and define StartUp Health’s design sensibilities, methodologies, and culture
- Genuine ability and desire to collaborate and contribute to a team effort but also work independently
- Active involvement in defining product strategy
- Construct your own iconography, set guidelines, and build easy-to-navigate documents.
Skills & Requirements
- A deep knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and/or Sketch, Google Suite, and Invision
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
- Appreciate feedback and value honest, thoughtful critique
- Impeccable taste and attention to detail across all facets of visual and interactive design
- Entrepreneurial-minded and comfortable in a fast-paced, startup environment with a “make stuff happen” mentality
- Continual learner of new design trends and best practices
- Belief in our mission to transform health
Preferred Specialized Experience
- 2+ years of application design
- 1+ years of visual design
- 2+ years of interaction design
How To Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter with responses to the questions below :
- What excites you about working at StartUp Health and this opportunity?
- What is your unique ability that other people notice and value and is something you love doing?
- Describe the last time you made an impact.
- What is your go-to resource (website, magazine, blog, etc) for product design knowledge and inspiration?
- Where is the last place you traveled?
About StartUp Health
In 2011, StartUp Health introduced a new model for transforming health by organizing and supporting a global army of entrepreneurs called Health Transformers. StartUp Health is investing in 10 Health Moonshots with the long-term goal of improving the health and wellbeing of everyone in the world. With the world’s largest digital health portfolio (more than 180 companies spanning 5 continents, 17 countries and 60+ cities), StartUp Health’s long-term platform for entrepreneurs includes the StartUp Health Academy, StartUp Health Network, StartUp Health Media and StartUp Health Ventures. StartUp Health was founded by Steven Krein and Unity Stoakes and is chaired by former Time Warner CEO, Jerry Levin. StartUp Health’s notable strategic partners and investors include AARP, Aurora Health Care, California Health Care Foundation, Children’s Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado, UCHealth, Steve Case, Mark Cuban, Esther Dyson, Brad Feld, Genentech, GE Ventures, Janssen (a Johnson & Johnson company), Kaiser Permanente Ventures, and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Learn more at startuphealth.com.
Benefits include: employee stock options, flexible time-off policy, healthcare reimbursement plan, technology reimbursement, tax-free commuter savings, perks/discounts platform, healthy snacks, Zeel massages and more!
StartUp Health Team Member Mindset
- Long-Term Commitment - you are “all in” and will do whatever it takes
- Supportive Relationships - you are continually surrounded by like-minded people
- Quarterly and Weekly Rhythm - you think in quarterly periods and act with intention each week
- Confidently Ambitious - you always convey confidence and an ambitious vision
- Self-Aware - you are coachable and self-aware of your unique abilities
- Healthy Habits - you take care of yourself, and have a clear mind and body and practice gratitude
- Equity Value Creation - you are continually making your future bigger than your past
- Batteries Included - you are always providing energy to others and have no tolerance for those who drain energy