We're hiring a Director of People Operations who will be a champion of StartUp Health’s mission and values and make it a place where amazing people do the best work of their career. This role will own all aspects of human resources management including hiring, onboarding, and development of talent. Our goal is to build a world-class team and you will be instrumental in helping us scale the company as we double and triple headcount.
Whether coaching managers on how to lead their teams, navigating and resolving employee relations issues or managing programs that help develop our team members, you will make a permanent impression on our culture. This is a great opportunity for someone who has climbed the ranks in People/HR or Talent in a tech startup, and wants to take the next step in their career.
- Scale our HR processes as we grow from 30 to 100+ employees and across multiple locations over the next 18-24 months
- Lead full-cycle talent acquisition efforts to recruit and hire outstanding team members, with a focus on diversity
- Ensure that new team member onboarding is effectively administered, tracked, and continually improved
- Develop and implement practices and programs that retain and develop the best possible talent
- Develop system to collect continuous feedback from team to identify areas of improvement for employee experience
- Provide coaching and resources around talent strategy to portfolio companies
- Develop a scalable and impactful management training program to improve management skills of first-time managers
- Network internally and externally to constantly increase awareness of StartUp Health and build a talent bench
- Foster StartUp Health’s unique culture including team building, celebrations, and community volunteering
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 7 years of HR experience, with a preference for candidates who have scaled a company from 30 to 100+ employees
- Passion and alignment with our vision, mission, and values to transform health
- Thrive in in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment; experience working for a growth stage startup a plus
- Deep understanding of talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, and employee relations
- Experience implementing and driving training and development programs, including regular 360 degree feedback, mentorship programs, and management coaching to deliver feedback and promote a high-performance culture
- Excellent project management skills with a proven ability to juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience designing and implementing people strategies that are data-focused and drive results
- Comfortable handling difficult conversations with employees gracefully and acting as a sounding board for employees
- Excellent problem solving skills – you know how to collaborate, engage and influence others
- Bachelor’s degree required, PHR or related certification a plus
How To Apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter with responses to the questions below.
- What excites you about working at StartUp Health and this opportunity?
- What is your unique ability that other people notice and value and is something you love doing?
- Describe the last time you made an impact.
- What are your top 3 most used apps?
- Where is the last place you traveled to?
- Anything else?
About StartUp Health:
In 2011, StartUp Health introduced a new model for transforming health by organizing and supporting a global army of entrepreneurs called Health Transformers. StartUp Health is investing in 10 Health Moonshots with the long-term goal of improving the health and wellbeing of everyone in the world. With the world’s largest digital health portfolio (more than 185 companies spanning 5 continents, 18 countries and 60+ cities), StartUp Health’s long-term platform for entrepreneurs includes the StartUp Health Academy, StartUp Health Network, StartUp Health Media and StartUp Health Ventures. StartUp Health was founded by Steven Krein and Unity Stoakes and is chaired by former Time Warner CEO, Jerry Levin. StartUp Health’s notable strategic partners and investors include AARP, Accenture, Aurora Health Care, California Health Care Foundation, Children’s Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado, UCHealth, Steve Case, Mark Cuban, Esther Dyson, Brad Feld, Genentech, GE Ventures, Janssen, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Learn more at startuphealth.com.
StartUp Health Team Member Mindset:
- Long-Term Commitment - you are “all in” and will do whatever it takes
- Supportive Relationships - you are continually surrounded by like-minded people
- Quarterly and Weekly Rhythm - you think in quarterly periods and act with intention each week
- Confidently Ambitious - you always convey confidence and an ambitious vision
- Self-Aware - you are coachable and self-aware of your unique abilities
- Healthy Habits - you take care of yourself, and have a clear mind and body and practice gratitude
- Equity Value Creation - you are continually making your future bigger than your past
- Batteries Included - you are always providing energy to others and have no tolerance for those who drain energy