StartUp Health's product team is growing rapidly, and we are hiring an Engineering Manager to help us scale! As Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for empowering our engineers and supporting their technical and professional growth as we build our internal platform used by our portfolio company CEOs and industry investors and customers for coaching, network connections and feedback. Our engineers are smart, flexible, and love solving challenges - we write test-driven code in a continuous deployment environment, deploying to production multiple times a week. Note: we are only considering candidates who have experience with LAMP.
- Monitor team productivity, remove roadblocks, identify and implement improvements to our process through collaboration with other functional members of the product team
- Facilitate the exchange of information among all StartUp Health employees in a systematic manner through the creation of technical documentation and technical implementation process
- Strong communication and organization skills with engineers and non-technical folks
- Lead effective organizational improvement within our hyper-growth company
- Combine data-driven process, technology, and human empathy to iteratively develop and assess our output within collective teams and individual team members in the product team
- Set a high bar for code quality and strive to ensure we meet those standards and create programs and processes to help meet those standards
- Pair program and create a code review strategy with other developers on the team
- Spend the first 4 months on the job as a software developer - coding and understanding, learning, and improving our development processes
- Partner with a Product Owner to refine ideas into iterative feature sets to build a technical timeline (approved by CTO)
Skills & Requirements
- 4+ years as a software engineer at a product focused, high-output technology company
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience shipping consumer Internet products as an individual contributor
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent
- Track record of leading productive engineering teams with agile processes
- Understanding of successful team dynamics and how your role as a manager fits into this process
- Enthusiastic about collaborative problem solving and proven experience delivering mission critical, high-value products and services.
- Eagerness to solve challenging problems to transform global health and wellness
- Entrepreneurial-minded and comfortable in a fast-paced, startup environment with a “make stuff happen” mentality
How To Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter with responses to the questions below :
- What excites you about working at StartUp Health and this opportunity?
- What is your unique ability that other people notice and value and is something you love doing?
- Describe the last time you made an impact.
- What is your go-to resource (website, magazine, blog, etc) for product design knowledge and inspiration?
- Where is the last place you traveled?
About StartUp Health
In 2011, StartUp Health introduced a new model for transforming health by organizing and supporting a global army of entrepreneurs called Health Transformers. StartUp Health is investing in 10 Health Moonshots with the long-term goal of improving the health and wellbeing of everyone in the world. With the world’s largest digital health portfolio (more than 180 companies spanning 5 continents, 17 countries and 60+ cities), StartUp Health’s long-term platform for entrepreneurs includes the StartUp Health Academy, StartUp Health Network, StartUp Health Media and StartUp Health Ventures. StartUp Health was founded by Steven Krein and Unity Stoakes and is chaired by former Time Warner CEO, Jerry Levin. StartUp Health’s notable strategic partners and investors include AARP, Aurora Health Care, California Health Care Foundation, Children’s Hospital Colorado, University of Colorado, UCHealth, Steve Case, Mark Cuban, Esther Dyson, Brad Feld, Genentech, GE Ventures, Janssen (a Johnson & Johnson company), Kaiser Permanente Ventures, and Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Learn more at startuphealth.com.
Benefits include: employee stock options, flexible time-off policy, healthcare reimbursement plan, technology reimbursement, tax-free commuter savings, perks/discounts platform, healthy snacks, Zeel massages and more!
StartUp Health Team Member Mindset
- Long-Term Commitment - you are “all in” and will do whatever it takes
- Supportive Relationships - you are continually surrounded by like-minded people
- Quarterly and Weekly Rhythm - you think in quarterly periods and act with intention each week
- Confidently Ambitious - you always convey confidence and an ambitious vision
- Self-Aware - you are coachable and self-aware of your unique abilities
- Healthy Habits - you take care of yourself, and have a clear mind and body and practice gratitude
- Equity Value Creation - you are continually making your future bigger than your past
- Batteries Included - you are always providing energy to others and have no tolerance for those who drain energy